Alkalizing & Acidifying Foods
A pH balanced (or ever so slightly alkaline) body is a happy body. Eating an alkalizing diet to promote pH balance in the tissues can have a positive effect on weight loss, kidney health, cancer prevention, heart health, as well as muscle, joint and bone health (1).
So how does one get pH balanced/alkalized?
As a rough guide, alkalizing foods include foods like:
- Veggies: green foods, leafy foods, salads, lettuce, kale, spinach, cucumber, carrots, beets, herbs, sweet potato, bell pepper, arugula, broccoli, cauliflower, ginger, turmeric, coriander, basil, avocado etc.
- Beans & Pulses: lentils, chickpeas/garbanzo, kidney beans, navy beans etc
- Low-Sugar Fruits: tomato, avocado, lime, lemon, grapefruit etc.
- Gluten Free Grains & Grasses: oats, quinoa, chia, buckwheat, amaranth etc.
- Nuts, Seeds & Healthy Fats: coconuts, coconut oil, almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc.
- Non-Dairy Milks: coconut milk, almond milk etc.
- And In Moderation: oily fish, fresh fruit, organic grass-fed/pasture-raised/free-range meat
And acid-forming substances are “foods” like:
Sugar, gluten-containing grains, excessive animal protein, trans-fats, oxygenated fats, preservatives additives, flavourings & colorings (natural or otherwise), caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, pizza, refined foods, fast foods, fried foods, battered foods, microwave meals, takeout, cola, sweeteners and creamers.
When you see these types of foods, it all makes sense. It’s good, clean, healthy living with a focus on avoiding the most acidic, oxidizing, inflammation-causing foods, and a big focus on those alkaline, nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich, anti-inflammatory foods 😊
For customized recommendations on diet, lifestyle and supplements that are best suited to your unique body, book your live blood microscopy appointment today!
🍎 🔬 Yours in health,
Carly Del Ciancio
Thrive Live Blood Microscopy
Thank you for reading!
Would you like to start each month fresh with motivation, a heads up about the latest Thrive post, clean recipes, healthy lifestyle hacks, local health tips and more? Do I hear a YES? Then perhaps you’ll enjoy our monthly publication, 5 to Thrive. Scroll to the top or bottom of this page to register.
Carly Del Ciancio is the owner and microscopist at Thrive Live Blood Microscopy. She is passionate about sharing the benefits of natural health, and helping her friends, family and clients THRIVE! Carly offers in-office live blood microscopy services in Kingsville & Essex County, as well as wellness consultations near & far. Find out more about Thrive’s services and variety of available tests here.