About Live Blood Microscopy
Live blood microscopy is holistic nutritional assessment and consultation tool, which can reveal key information about the state of your health. During your appointment, a drop of blood from the tip of your finger is placed on a slide and viewed under a dark field microscope at over 1000x magnification. You get to see the image in real time on a TV screen.
This can reveal over 50 aspects of the state of your health. For instance, one drop of blood from the end of your finger can show evidence of:
- The condition of red blood cells
- The presence of parasites, fungus or bacteria
- Hormonal imbalances
- Vitamin & mineral deficiencies
- Immune system function
- Liver, kidney, heart, lung, prostate, uterine & other organ stress
- Free radical damage to the blood cell
- PH balance
- Blood coagulation
- Poor digestion
- Low oxygen levels and poor circulation
What to expect with Thrive
Carly Del Ciancio (Erber) uses live blood microscopy as a tool help you understand the nutritional status of your body, and to be able to guide you on your way to optimal health. Seeing live evidence of the state of your health is an excellent motivator, so much so that this modality is often referred to as “the end of denial machine”.
- Book your appointment: Your appointment can be booked either through phone at 519-817-0068 or online (see “book now” button the right side of this page). Appointment hours are:
- Tuesdays 9:30AM – 6:00PM
- Wednesdays 9:30AM – 6:00PM
- Thursdays 9:30A M – 4:00PM
- Saturdays 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Appointment prep: Fill out the New Client Intake Form, fast for 3 hours, and drink 3 glasses of water before your first appointment.
- Getting to know you: On arrival, we’ll have a conversation about your lifestyle, mode of operation, your main concerns and goals, using your intake form as a starting point.
- Live blood sample: a lancet (similar to those used for diabetic blood sugar readings) is used to draw a drop of blood from the end of your finger. Two samples are taken –one for live blood microscopy and one for dry blood analysis.
- Microscopy: both the live blood and dry blood samples are put under the microscope and viewed by you and Carly on a TV screen. Carly provides detailed explanation, motivation and support during this process.
- Recommendations: As a part of your consultation, you will receive personalized diet, supplement and lifestyle recommendations to help achieve optimal health based on the live blood demonstration.
- Follow up: a follow up visit schedule is recommended based on your goad and nutritional status, in order to track your progress.
Are you looking for real change in you health?
Want to learn more? See our FAQ’s
Hi, I’m Carly!
I’d like to share with you a little about me: the story about how I got here, and why I am so passionate about helping you Thrive.
Ever since I can remember, I have been interested in health, fitness and nutrition. I credit my German grandparents with instilling a budding interest in taking care of my body and soul. Some of my most early and cherished memories include ‘running’ the boulevard with my Opa, as well as helping my Oma tend her garden and make homemade sauerkraut. I carry these special memories close to my heart, and I hope to instill the same values in my future children and grandchildren.
Throughout my life, I had almost always eaten, supplemented and exercised according to the latest version of healthy that was available to me. I was the one preaching to my friends and family about eating well and working out, scheduling yoga dates instead of coffee dates, offering digestive enzymes at the dinner table, and even giving supplements as Christmas gifts! Looking back, I wonder just how it took me so long to turn my obsession into my job!
When it came time to choose a career path after receiving my bachelor’s degree, found myself taking a (stressful) job at an optical store, and I eventually studied to become a Licensed Optician. During that time, despite doing what I thought was my best in terms of diet and nutrition, I developed some bothersome health complaints. I didn’t have a good feeling about the meds that I was prescribed by my doctor, so I started on my own alternative health journey, seeking the best nutrition and alternative therapies that I could afford. Fast forward a few years of throwing darts in the dark, someone told me about a live blood microscopist who was coming to town for one weekend to take appointments. Live blood microscopists were rare in our area, so I jumped at the opportunity.
The live evidence that live blood microscopy provided in real time was both shocking and motivating. I was given some vague nutritional suggestions by the microscopist and sent on my way. Even though another alternative health practitioner had told me the same information about my health before, I found this new, live evidence shocking and motivating! Inspired by this new evidence found in my own blood, I followed the advice of the microscopist, and I showed significant progress at my next visit!
When I finally listened to that little voice that was telling me that working as an Optician just wasn’t fulfilling my need to help others Thrive to the best of my abilities, I started looking to the alternative health industry for a career change. My positive experience with live blood, and the real time evidence it provided inspired me to take a course in live blood microscopy, and here I am! I took a bit of a winding road to get here, but I believe God intended me to take the scenic route.
Now, I am in a field that I am truly passionate about and I can’t get enough of it! I am continually updating my education in the field of nutrition and alternative therapies in order to offer you the best care possible. I am fulfilled by keeping myself, my family, and my clients healthy and motivated. As someone who has been there, I truly believe that it is my calling in life, and I feel so very honoured to be able to guide others in their journey to health!
Thank you for reading. I look forward to sharing my passion with you and your loved ones!
Carly Del Ciancio
Disclaimer: Thrive Live Blood Microscopy services are for educational purposes only. Carly Del Ciancio, conducting these sessions is not a medical doctor. Therefore, the services provided to not intend to treat, heal, prevent, or diagnose. Her role is as demonstrator, guide, coach, and educator. Please see the bottom of this page for full disclaimer